(about 6-12 years)
Pre-requisite: Must be 6 years old and demonstrate comfort in the water.
Helps participants feel comfortable in the water.
• Enter water using ramp, steps or side
• Exit water using ladder, steps or side
• Blow bubbles through mouth and nose
• Open eyes underwater and retrieve submerged objects
• Front and back glides and recover to a vertical position
• Back float
• Roll from front to back and back to front
• Tread water using arm and hand actions
• Alternating and simultaneous arm and leg actions on front
• Alternating and simultaneous arm and leg actions on back
• Combined arm and leg actions on front and back
• Plus age-appropriate water safety topics